- CITIZEN COMMISSIONS
- +CITY COUNCIL
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- MUNICIPAL CODE
- +PUBLIC MEETINGS
- PUBLIC RECORDS
Accessibility Statement for the City of Solana Beach, CA
We incorporate website accessibility standards into the design and maintenance of our website to ensure accessibility for all people regardless of ability or method of access.
Measures to support accessibility
The City of Solana Beach strives to conform at a minimum with:
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act as amended by Congress in 1998.
- WCAG 2.0 Level A success criteria.
The following is a summary of WCAG 2.0's goals, adapted from the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Accessibility Initiative, which states that a website should:
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content.
- Provide captions and other alternatives for multimedia where feasible.
- Provide content that can be presented in different ways, including by assistive technologies, without losing meaning.
- Make it easier for users to see and hear content.
- Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- Give users enough time to read and use content.
- Not use content that causes seizures.
- Help users navigate and find content.
- Make text readable and understandable.
- Make content appear and operate in predictable ways.
- Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- Maximize compatibility with current and future user tools.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of www.cityofsolanabeach.org. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers using one of the contact methods below.
- Phone: (858) 720-2438
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor Address: 635 S. Highway 101, Solana Beach, CA 92007
City of Solana Beach assessed the accessibility of www.cityofsolanabeach.org through a formal quality assurance process throughout the design and development process, and self-evaluation.
Additional accessibility resources
Most popular browsers and plug-ins contain built-in accessibility tools and features. For more information, please visit the accessibility information pages for these tools: