- CITIZEN COMMISSIONS
- +CITY COUNCIL
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- MUNICIPAL CODE
- +PUBLIC MEETINGS
- PUBLIC RECORDS
CITY CLERK FAQ
The questions below are the ones most commonly asked of the Front Desk or City Clerk Department.
- Can I attend a Council Committee or Citizen Commission meeting?
Yes, all publicly noticed meetings are open to the public. Please refer to the Public Meetings page for agendas and a schedule of meeting dates and times.
- How can I get public records?
You can get public records by submitting a records request form to the City Clerk's office.
- How do I register to vote?
For the most up to date voting information visit the Registrar of Voters website. You may also pick up a voter registration from the City Clerk office, DMV, Post Office or Library.
- Where do I go to file a Fictitious Business Name?
- Where can I go to get a copy of a birth certificate, marriage license or death certificate?
The San Diego County Clerk/Recorder/Assessor is the office that maintains birth certificates, marriage licenses and death certificates. They can be reached at (619)237-0502 or Office of Vital Records and Statistics.