Short Term Vacation Rentals & Transient Occupancy Tax

Short Term Vacation Rentals

The City has special regulations and a permit process for the rental of residential property for 7 to 30 consecutive days, regardless of building size, including multiple-family buildings, duplexes, and single-family residences. Short-term vacation rental (STVR) regulations, permit applications, and notices (signs) to post on and in your short-term vacation rental are available below.

Transient Occupancy Tax

The Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) is a percentage of the rent charged to transient guests in hotels/motels, including properties rented through home sharing services like Airbnb.

To submit a City TOT Return Form, complete the form and submit it to the Finance Department with a check for the correct amount. Monthly payments shall be due and payable on or before the last date of the month immediately following the month for which the payment is due. Accepted payment delivery methods are either mail that is post-marked by the due date or delivery to City Hall during business hours. If you have any questions, call the Finance Department at (858) 720-2460, or send them an email. 

If you have payment questions, please contact the Finance Department. 

If you have a questions about the policy or regulations surrounding STVRs and TOTs, please contact Code Compliance.

Contact Us

Call Code Compliance for any regulatory questions (858) 720-2403

Call Finance for billing questions (858) 720-2460