The Solana Beach Community Senior Center is full of great activities, events, and information for mature adults.
Are you ready to make some new friends, get involved in service opportunities, travel, grow through educational opportunities, be entertained, and/or enjoy some delicious lunches!
Be sure to check out the latest edition of our newsletter to see what is happening in the January-February newsletter! Pick up a copy of the Encore at the Solana Beach Presbyterian Church info table or call Cindy at 858-509-2587 to have the newsletter mailed to you.
Wednesday Program and Lunch:
Join us for great programs and a delicious meal each Wednesday in Debin Hall. Programs begin at 1130am, lunch is served at 12:15pm. Lunch is now $9* per person (or $10 for to-go meals). Reservations are needed one week in advance and can be made by calling 858-509-2587.
*Don't let finances keep you away! Special funds are available for you or someone you may know who needs assistance. Please call Cindy at 858-509-2587.
- Feb. 7: Blue Zones: Discover & Discuss the Secrets to living well beyond 100. Menu: Lemon Chicken
- Feb. 14: Lincoln Lives! Robert Bronski brings Abraham Lincoln to life for this very special presentation. Valentine's celebration and Ash Wednesday observed. Menu: Salmon
- Feb. 21: Mission Focus: Community Serve Day - Janette Sheldon and Colleen Sters will show and tell all about this amazing day, March 3rd, and how YOU can be involved. Help with online registration will be available on Feb. 21st. Menu: Meatloaf & Mashers
- Feb. 28: Enjoy the musical talents of Vincent Young as we celebrate February Birthdays. Birthday sponsor: Belmont Senior Living. Menu: Spaghetti Casserole
AARP Tax-Aid returns to SBPC
Under the auspices of the AARP Tax-Aid program, income tax assistance and tax form preparation for 2023 Federal and CA returns are being offered on Wednesdays, Feb. 7 - April 10. This free service is available to low and middle income taxpayers, with the primary focus being on those who are 60 and older.
Assistance is on a "first come, first serve, no appointment system" each Wednesday from 9am to 1pm at the Solana Beach Presbyterian Church, Room 15. (Parking in lot #2 is easiest).
Memory Cafe: Feb. 13 & 27
Get connected, make friends and keep your brain active! Memory Cafe is sponsored by the George Glenner Family Centers and meets on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of the month from 10-11:30am in the Ministry Center Hall (formerly known as the Hispanic Chapel). Parking is easiest in lot #3. There is no charge! Questions? Call Shannon at 619-616-7988.
Feeling Fit Club
Sue Grant continues to lead the Feeling Fit Club ONLINE VIA ZOOM on both Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:30-9:30am. The class is free and sponsored by San Diego County's Aging and Independent Services. To get connected, please contact Cathy at 858-342-9716.
Book Club: Feb 13th
Join this great group for an in-person discussion at 1:15pm on Wednesday, Feb.13th in Room 16 (note change of meeting space). February's discussion is on The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson. To receive a print copy of the book, please call the Senior Center office at 858-509-2587.
Silver Age Yoga
Everyone is welcome for an hour of chair yoga in Room 16 each Friday at 11am. Liz Young is a fantastic teacher and you'll love how you feel after the first class. There is no charge, however donations to nonprofit Silver Age Yoga are appreciated. Reservations are not necessary. Parking in lot #2 is easiest.
Ginny's Sewing Fellowship
A lovely group of gals meets at 10am on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays to stitch and chat. There are plenty of non-sewing tasks as well! They often bring lunch to extend their time of fellowship. Questions? Call Cindy or Elizabeth at 858-509-2587.
Our favorite Music Man, Randy Malin continues to provide interesting, educational and entertaining music appreciation classes (complete with video presentations)...all via email.
If you'd like to receive the Music Appreciation Concert Series to your inbox, please call 858-509-2587 to get connected.
Trips, Trips, Trips!
- Feb. 1: TERI Campus of Life Tour
- Feb. 15: Aerospace Museum Docent Tour
- Mar. 10-15: Serve at Gleanings for the Hungry, Dinuba CA
- Mar. 17: "Anything Goes" at Mira Costa College, Oceanside campus
- April 23-28: Repositioning Coastal Cruise (San Diego to Vancouver)
To make reservations or get more info on these trips or any other activities, please call the Senior Center office at 858-509-2587 or check out the Encore newsletter in print or online: https://mycommunityonline.com/organization/solana-beach-community-senior-center