- CITIZEN COMMISSIONS
- +CITY COUNCIL
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- MUNICIPAL CODE
- +PUBLIC MEETINGS
- PUBLIC RECORDS
HOUSING ELEMENT UPDATE
The City of Solana Beach has been in the process of updating the Housing Element for the 2021-2029 planning period. The Housing Element is one of several state-required elements of the General Plan that establishes housing-related policies and programs addressing existing and project future housing needs for all economic segments in the City. The City is required by state law to update its Housing Element every eight years. The City Council approved the Draft Housing Element on April 14, 2021, and submitted it to the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) by the statutory deadline for submittal of April 30, 2021. City Staff has been working with HCD on revisions to the Housing Element since that time.
Below is additional information regarding the schedule and process of the Housing Element Update along with links to the Revised February 2023 Draft Housing Element. For additional questions or to submit comments on the the February 2023 Draft Housing Element, please contact Joseph Lim, Community Development Director at 858-720-2434, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments on the February 2023 Draft Housing Element must be submitted in writing to email@example.com by Thursday, March 2, 2023 at 5:00 PM.
About the Housing Element
- General Plan > Housing Element
- Housing Element Update Fact Sheet
- Legislative Fact Sheet
- Regional Housing Needs Assessment Methodology
Housing Element Update Documents
- City of Solana Beach Housing Element 2021-2029 Final Draft February 2023
- City of Solana Beach Housing Element 2021-2029 Final Draft February 2023 - redline
- City of Solana Beach Housing Element 2021-2029 Final Draft December 2022
- Solana Beach 6th Cycle Potential RHNA Sites
- SANDAG RHNA Allocation Per Income Category
- Workshop #1 (March 5, 2020)
- Workshop #2 (October 15, 2020)
Watch the Solana Beach Housing Element Update Presentation.
- Workshop #3 (November 12, 2020)