- CITIZEN COMMISSIONS
- +CITY COUNCIL
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- MUNICIPAL CODE
- +PUBLIC MEETINGS
- PUBLIC RECORDS
Indigent Person Payment Program
Indigent Person Payment Arrangement Program
The City of Solana Beach offers a Payment Arrangement Program for Indigent Registered Owner(s)/Lessee(s) who owe unpaid parking citations of amounts $500.00 or less.
Pursuant to California Vehicle Code Section 40220(c)(1), a person is defined as indigent if his or her monthly income is equal to, or less than, 200% of the current federal poverty line, or if he or she receives assistance from any of the programs listed below and as set forth in Government code Section 68632(a):
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- State Supplementary Payment (SSP)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsible Kids Act (CalWorks)
- Federal Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or California Food Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
- The California Food Assistance Program
- County Relief, General Relief (GR) or General Assistance (GA)
- Cash Assistance Program for Aged, Blind and Disabled Legal Immigrants (CAPI)
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
- California Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC Program)
- Unemployment compensation
Pursuant to California Vehicle Code Section 40220, the Indigent Payment Plan provides the option to pay a parking citation(s) in up to $25.00 monthly increments and shall be paid off within 24 months of the Payment Plan approval date. The payment plan application must be received within 120 calendar days of citation issuance, or within 10 calendar days of an administrative hearing determination; whichever is later. Upon approval, a non-refundable Payment Plan fee of $5.00 will be assessed to the total Payment Plan amount and all late fees and penalties shall be waived. Waived late fees and penalties may be reinstated if the person falls out of compliance with the Payment Plan.
Proof of Indigence
In order to qualify for the Payment Arrangement, the Registered Owner/Lessee must demonstrate that he or she is indigent by providing either of the following information below as applicable:
- Proof of income from most recent pay stub or another proof of earnings, such as a bank statement that show that the individual meets the income criteria set forth in Government Code Section 68632(b). If the Registered Owner(s)/Lessee(s) does not have income or receives public assistance, a copy of his/her annual earnings from the Social Security Department is required.
- Proof of receipt of benefits under the programs described in Government Code Section 68632(a). Proof of receipt can include a copy of the most recent: Verification of Benefits Form or Award Letter for Social Security or an active electronic benefits transfer card.
Request a Payment Plan
To request a Payment Plan, please contact Indigent Payment Plan Request at www.citationprocessingcenter.com or by calling 1-800-989-2058. Please submit the required documentation with a letter requesting the payment plan by mail. Please ensure the letter notates the following information: Registered Owner(s)/Lessee(s) full name, address, contact number, contact email, and the parking citation(s) number and date(s). Only requests timely submitted with complete supporting documentation will be accepted.
City of Solana Beach
Citation Processing Center
P.O. Box 10479
Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479